July 19, 2008

Numero Uno

I am about to post my first, "real," post here.


I can't help but see the humor in my life situation--and the title of my blog. Jason is gone 10 days for work. Our main water line is leaking en route to our home... where it is pumping ridiculous amounts of water to...somewhere.


George Bailey said, "You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?" It's such a funny statement. It's hard to imagine one without the other. When we would watch It's a Wonderful Life, when I was younger...my parents would always laugh and laugh when Jimmy Stewart said that. I understand now.

But then. THEN. Then, I just smile. I am like the women from ye old Bible times. With all my awkward, totally un-graceful dignity. I may not have the goat's milk, a nice tent to sleep in, a husband with a long beard or cool water jugs...but I have been blessed by children.

(i.e. Sarah, Rebekah, Leah, Rachel...they were all very thankful for offspring.)

Not just, "Oh, yes we have a beautiful family," -blessed. But, in all the tangled mess of my life--God brought me to La Grande, to Jason, and to my children. He opened up my heart, attached it to some God-sized, wind-up toy...and let it go! I had no choice but to follow. Or forever would I be without my thumper.

God has blessed me because I have been able to have children. When I say, "have," I mean...enjoy, relish, toil for, sing for, BE with, dance with, hold, snuggle, challenge, influence, pray for, cheer for, fight for, cry for, uphold...etc! I don't resent them. I don't think they were happenstance.

I would have chosen Jason and them...even if I had known what would happen to my body beforehand. ;-)

I live in America, my children have never known hunger, I'm young, I'm determined, I'm lost and found many times in the same day. Jason is a husband most can only dream about. He's funny, resolute, inspiring to others--as well as to me. He's intelligent, challenging, annoying, and endearing all rolled into one. He's easy for me to follow.

Jesus has given me 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 25th, 1000th, ummmm...HE has forgiven me over and over--persued me, loved me, broken me. He knows my heart like only the true Bridegroom can.

I have a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by~