December 11, 2010

FRAWESOME Flag Football

Football's never made sense to me. I never went to a game in my life. Never watched it on t.v.. I'm totally clueless.

This year my two oldest played flag football.

I still don't really know what the heck they were doing. What positions they played. I just know...that I like it.


When kids are young and they first start playing soccer...it's mind numbing to watch them run around the ball like a swarm of bees. Exceedingly cute. But boring. I'm sure once they gain some talent--it's a lot more fun to watch.

But football, football starts with a plan. Or a play? It involves tricking the other players. Passes. "Interceptions." ( I learned that word from my friend Annie.) It progresses in short little burst of effort and planning. 

I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about here. But whatever it is that has made men willing to have knee replacement surgery for decades. I think I get it.

Football is fun.  

Flag football, is fantastic, fabulous, freaky, fascinating, facundus, floriferous, forcible, fragrant, frisky, fortuitous, fastidious, and FRAWESOME!

(Okay. Maybe it's not all those things. Maybe I just looked up random "f" words...)






















1 comment:

  1. I can totally agree with you on football! But Aidan LOVES football, since we spent a good deal of time watching games last year with Levi's folks. Grandpa needed the local college team to win so he could have overtime cleaning up after the games last year. Anyway, Aidan has a real talent in it, & really understands the game, & now I enjoy & even get into rooting for various teams! I love your pictures, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by~